Achiever Vagelyn Tumbaga Federico, Director of Human Resources of Dusit Thani Dubai is finalist in the Personal Category (Hospitality Excellence – Human Resources).
This was learned from Raj Baht.
With her nomination and inclusion as finalist, Vagelyn will be competing for votes with 4 other finalists who are all Human Resource executives of various hotels to win the HR Person of the Year award.
Vagelyn’s Rise to Success
Vagelyn worked as a Secretary cum HR Assistant in Dubai. She was promoted many times until she was named as General Manager at 28 and finally, as a full-pledged HR Director of a leading Asian hotel chain.
She came to the UAE 10 years ago and started with 1000AED salary in a construction company, sharing rooms with more than 10 people in one room and taking a public transport in the midst of the hottest season.
The organizers of the Hotel Show 2015, one of the biggest world’s exhibitions with more than 100 industry expert participants from all over the world, staged at Dubai World Trade Center enlisted her expertise as Speaker. Of her, the show’s website has this to say: “A 34-year-old multi-awarded HR Professional and highly recognized and acknowledged by various institutions for her remarkable contribution and involvement in different community services. Lyn has more than 10 years of experience in the UAE as an HR Professional. A pre-opening expert of seven local and international hotels …”
As a consequence of various promotions in work, Vagelyn was able to travel in countries outside of the United Arab Emirates. She has travelled to Russia, Indonesia, Georgia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Qatar, Nepal, Lebanon, Pakistan, Turkey and Oman.
- Hotel Professional of the Year 2015 awarded by The Filipino Times, Asiana Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Kabayan of the Year 2014 awarded by Kabayan Weekly on 15 May 2014, The Address Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- City Excellence Award 2014 awarded by the City Government of San Fernando, La Union, Philippines
- Al Habtoor Motors Excellence Award 2014 awarded by Al Habtoor Motors Corporation, first and only Filipino achiever to receive the award on 15 May 2014, The Address Dubai Marina, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- 1st HR Achiever award given by Dubai Hotel HR Professionals Network
- Clap! Clap! Clap! Award presented by Successful Pinoy Ako
- Trailblazing Filipina as featured in “Precious Gems in the Desert of Gold” a coffee table book about the inspiring stories of 36 Filipino achievers in the United Arab Emirates published by Al Hilal Printing, Publishing & Distribution LLC, Dubai, 2014
- Alumnae Distinction Award 2014 awarded by Saint Louis College during its 50th Golden Jubilee Homecoming, San Fernando City, La Union, 25 January 2014
with Fil-HR Association where she serves as President
with the United Hoteliers of the Philippines – UAE Chapter where she serves as Adviser for Growth and Development
with the Network of HR Professionals of Dubai Hotels
How to vote for Vagelyn
Vagelyn’s supporters and those who wish to make her a winner, can vote online. Here’s the link on how you can cast your vote: Middle East Hospitality Excellence Awards
More about Vagelyn Tumbaga-Federico:
- Meet Dubai’s “Hotel Professional of the Year”
- Filipina honored with Clap! Clap! Clap! Award 2015
- Top 5 Most Inspiring Filipino HR Executives in the United Arab Emirates
- 7 Devoted Women of Change make waves in Dubai
- Exit to Kish 13 times: Secretary-turned-Hotel Director shares her story of survival, victories
- What experts say about finding better jobs in UAE
- Hotelier wins as Filipino of the Year in UAE
o0o —————– o0o
THE BLOGGER. Ulysses Espartero is a journalist, historian and book author who traces his roots from two Philippine jewels – Laguna and Antique. While in Dubai, he enjoyed his expat life documenting the struggles and victories of migrant workers in the Gulf Cooperation Council states. In 2014, he released Precious Gems in a Desert of Gold, the first and only coffee table book about Filipino achievers in the United Arab Emirates. Connect with him on facebook.